American Association of Bangladeshi Engineers and Architects, Inc., (AABEA) (www.aabea.org) is a not-for profit professional organization established in 1984 and registered in the State of Pennsylvania. It consists of 11 local chapters nationwide and a central committee, which rotates every two years. The mission of the organization is to provide services to its members as well as greater Bangladeshi community in various areas. The present Central Executive Committee (CEC) is located in Phoenix, Arizona. All services provided under the auspices of AABEA are from the generous contributions from its members and other community members.
Some of the services that AABEA provided are:
1. Provided Career development Services for Engineers, Architects, and IT professionals through various workshops and technical seminars;
2. Provided Engineering-in-Training (EIT), Professional Engineering (PE), and AutoCAD training classes for Bangladeshi American Engineers;
3. Provided various workshops for women to enhance their participation and skills in workplace;
4. Organized Science Fair and Art competitions for K1-12 students annually as part of the youth development program;
5. AABEA carries a job search sub-committee continuously to help job seekers to find jobs, to prepare resume and to enhance interview skill;
6. Providing limited scholarships for needy Bangladeshi students in pursuing their college education; and
7. Hosts various Job Fairs by inviting Federal agencies and private enterprises.
In addition, AABEA offers educational and research support to improve the technical education in Bangladesh so that their graduates can compete is world market. AABEA, in collaboration with Intel Engineers and Intel Foundation matching grant, developed a new state-of-the-art computer lab at the Bangladesh University of Engineering and Technology (BUET), Dhaka, Bangladesh. This effort included development of the laboratory, development of modern curricula for undergraduate engineering program and initiating Very Large Scale Integrated Circuit (VLSI) area graduate program. AABEA also developed the Robert Noyce Simulation Lab (RNSL) and Linux Lab for BUET with necessary Ansoft SW design package license. We also established a Joint Research Center for Advanced System Engineering (JRCASE) project to facilitate education, Research & Development (R&D) on Very Large scale Integrated circuit (VLSI) at East West University (EWU), Dhaka, Bangladesh. AABEAs latest initiative was the inauguration of another VLSI lab for the Chittagong University and Technology on January 10, 2012.
AABEA also developed the marketing tools for Bangladeshi IT companies to sale their products in US market place in collaboration with the World Bank funding.
Among our humanitarian activities, AABEA raised funds to help the disaster stricken areas of the world, including cyclone disasters in Bangladesh, earthquake in Haiti, Tsunami victim countries in association with Salvation Army and Bangladeshi mission in USA to name a few.